Sending love and a little invitation to take a few minutes, just for yourself. Sneak off 🙂
Wishing you a very happy holiday season!!
Don’t you love making gifts for the holidays? We made a family decision a few years back that we wouldn’t spend money, we would each just make something for one another and it was such a great experience we continued the tradition 🙂
One of my favorite things was the hand written letters from my husbands father, George… He wrote beautiful words about each of us and how proud he was of our lives…
Pure treasure 🙂
Wishing you and yours a lovely new tradition and a very happy holiday season.
With much love,
Quite simply, we all have so very much to smile over. Dear pals, beautiful sky’s, fur people, painting, color, laughter, fresh air, singing out loud, swings, water, dancing, chocolate, cooking, harmonizing, playing outdoors, learning, funny stuff….and that is just the tip of the iceberg that is a list of great things to be thankful for!
oh, and I love you!!
make stuff and enjoy as much as possible!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS!!
I hope you all had amazing and joyous holidays that were filled with OH so much giving and laughter and delicious food, and sugar and fun and “Oh Be Joyful” (the family nog) and tender moments and music and twinkly lights and EVERYTHING your heart desires with just a teeny sprinkle of family nuttiness and a dollop of home made whipped cream (extra vanilla) to top it all off.
And now it’s time to begin a fresh NEW year! YAY!
Here is a goofy idea to kick off the good times. My brilliant, talented and beautiful pal Margo and I wanted to begin a little give and take, find and share, LOOK,SEE,DO spot where we can celebrate yummy visual goodness and delicious creative acts that inspire us and make us want to move our hands and engage our curious minds. Just two dopey friends, who live across the country, who want to chit chat and share things that we find exciting.
I say we start with a little somethin-somethin I am going to call “The Ditty of the Day” Margo said her new years resolution was to play the guitar 300 out of 365 days this year. I love that! Don’t you love that?? So this is a starting place to keep us in the game. Now, I am not saying which days this will happen, haaaaa, but at least lets let the dialogue begin!!
Also look for our new blog called lookseedoo.tumblr.com. Follow the fun 🙂
So I asked myself…..”What do I love best?”
(then I realized I was smiling, because this is fun to think about…..try it….)
I sat outside with iced coffee and pencil and quickly wrote it down.
Here is my “Stuff I love, so I want to do it most everyday” listylooooooo:
1. Outside coffee and drawing time (I am on pretty Park Ave writing this) 🙂 check!
2. Yoga time, with a side of spiritual yum, aka a little meditation (been lax here)
3. Music making (there are no calisusss on my fingers, say no more, I love it and it’s past time)
4. Art making time, I live for this
5. Outdoor drawing, designing and painting time!! (my favorite thing and it’s happening next, as soon as I am done writing)
6. Laughing and goofing off with great people and loved ones time (this includes John, family, the furs as well as the brain trusters and all the fun peeps we know)
7. New projects: aka LEARNING! I love that and it shows up as GROWTH, and as forward movement, discovery, play and excitement all wrapped in an eagerness to see and feel things unfold. good stuff.
8. Enjoying MONEY!! Spending and sharing it freely and watching it roll in effortlessly :$
9. Checking out cool STUFF! For me that is great design, artwork by interesting artists, wonderful clothes, cute purses, good looking houses, beautiful outdoor spaces, beautiful images, books, you know, the overall appreciation of beautiful and artful things!!
10. All this wrapped in a happy healthy-ness, which means eating well and moving easily, gracefully and outdoorzy along the way!!
Ok, poor you! This just turned all “lifetime movie-ish”
I get that this is kind of dopey, but it’s really how I see my day and the first step is writing it down. Also, I share my daily listylooo with a good friend during the week, just to keep myself accountable. It’s a funny email thing we do and it would make a hilarious book. I will work on that 🙂
Whats on your plate? Favorite stuff? Or nasty, crusty old stuff that you really don’t enjoy. Write it down and then serve it up the way you like it!
Have fun today,